Red-T is promoting a large scale solar park spanning across 40,000 acres.
- Location: Villages covering Chitradurga, Challakere, Hiriyuru Taluk’s.
- Climatic condition: Dry, 320+ sunny days in a year with solar irradiation of more than 5.8 kWh/m2.
- Economic & political Condition: Agro based economy, stable political condition.
- Industrial condition: Industrially backward area with some agro industries functioning.
- Size of park: Spread in an area of more than 40,000 Acres of agriculture land.
- Grid connectivity: Close to STU & CTU with RED-‘T’ internal transmission Centers.
- Project Funding: The entire project funding is done through participating Group Captives and IPP’s.
- PPA’s: The majority of project is under Group captives who consume entire generated power for self and for IPP’s , RED-‘T’ arrange and facilitate third party PPA’s before signing agreement.